Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer Break

By Rebecca Talley

Woo hoo! School is out for the summer.

We've spent the first week of summer break building fences for our goats. We've already built 600 feet and still have 700 feet more to go. When we bought our property it had no fences so we've slowly tried to fence off fields. It's a long process, but in the end will be beneficial to our goats and their protector, Tina the llama.

To celebrate the end of the school year, my husband and I watched, Indiana Jones and the City of the Crystal Skull. I love the Indiana Jones movies (mostly because Harrison Ford is so cool). My teenage daughters remarked that they thought Harrison Ford was too old. Excuse me? He is Harrison Ford. Besides, if he's aged, that means I have, too. I enjoyed the movie, though it does call for a very large suspension of disbelief. Some of the stunts are somewhat unbelievable, but, after all, he is Harrison Ford, right? And the whole story is sci-fi. It was a fun way to start off the summer.

The rest of the summer looks to be very busy with theater camp, Scout camp, MTC camp, Youth Conference, summer jobs for my kids, and Wood Badge. Oh, and my son will be home from his mission in 11 weeks (but who's counting?).

Woo hoo for summer break!

1 comment:

Marcia Mickelson said...

11 weeks- Wow. Hope they go by fast. It sounds like you have a busy summer, so that will make it go by fast.