Thursday, May 8, 2008

Always the Elf Book Signing-Elves Loved in May!


Always the Elf Book Signing-Elves Loved in May!
By Kimberly Jensen

Elves and Christmas are loved all year long! It was evident at my book signing last night at the Barnes and Noble in Layton. They sold out of my books! The store had only ordered 20 copies for the book signing and quickly learned that Christmas and its message of love and service resonates all year long. I arrived to find my face plastered all over posters on the front doors and at the table where they had me set up. By the time I arrived at my scheduled 5pm signing, they had already sold 13 of my 20 books! Less than one hour later, my books were gone and the manager at the bookstore was apologizing for not having enough in stock and quickly invited me to come back in the fall, just in time for Christmas. So the message is that elves and Christmas can be cherished all year long-just like the message in the book. Have you read it yet?

“Always the Elf” received the “Best Children’s Picture Book Award” from Cedar Fort for 2007. Written by Kimberly Jensen and illustrated by Glenn Harmon.

4 comments:

Christine Thackeray said...

Congratulations! Wow, 20. Do you have any secrets?

Marsha Ward said...

This is a tale that we all need to hear. Thanks for sharing it.

Abel Keogh said...

cool!

JoAnn Arnold said...

Good for you. I think I'll have to find that book. The cover is delightful.

JoAnn