Thursday, May 29, 2008

Airline Seats And Elbow Pads

David J Stitt

If I did not know better, I would think that airline seats come from manufacturing facilities that make chairs for torturing people. Perhaps their objective is to add just enough padding to keep the passengers from screaming in pain the moment they take a seat. The flimsy padding allows the intense pain to be delayed just long enough for the main door to be closed and the seat-belt-fasten sign illuminated before really kicking in. Seriously, I have found something that decreases the discomfort these “chairs” a little. This past month I was on a flight and there happened to be a blanket and pillow on my seat. I decided to put each one on the arms of the chair to pad my elbows. It made a positive difference in the comfort level. For those of you who also suffer while flying try getting some elbow pads to see if it helps you.

1 comment:

Shirley Bahlmann said...

You must fly a lot. I've only been on a commercial airline twice in my life, and I'll be 50 on Saturday. I'm glad you found a solution for the elbow pain-wielders. You sound like a very creative person.