Monday, May 19, 2008

Just Hit 1250 in Sales

By Christine Thackeray

Wow!
My publicist just told me that I hit 1250 sales today on my book "The Crayon Messages." Now I suppose that is better than zero but I do have mixed feelings. I wanted it to take the world by storm. Considering the size of the Mormon market, it is a good start. I am happy but the number seems somewhat sterile.

In contrast, my sister emailed me yesterday and I danced around the room. Here's what she said, "Both my husband and I read your book while we were on vacation. We LOVED it. In fact, DH started it first. He kept saying, "Wow, Christine is a really good writer. She's able to say so much in a few words." Then the next time he read he'd say, "I'm so impressed with Christine, she is really excellent writer." SO that that was it, I took the book and finished it, before I gave it back and then he finished it. I have to tell you, I laughed out loud and I cried. I totally enjoyed it. Anyway, I'm totally impressed and so happy for you. Love you and Congratulations again!"

Now for me that was exciting. My other friend gave her mother-in-law one for Mother's Day. She ran up to me at church and said she loved it and laughed and cried and couldn't wait for the next one. That made me thrilled too.

My first novel is more than entertainment. It is a celebration of the role of women and their ability to touch the lives of those around them. I hope it is both empowering and eye-opening, making mothers realize the joy of their callings and the great force they can be for good. If you haven't read it yet, I'd be grateful if you'd give it a try- you might like it.

3 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

Good for you. Those are wonderful things to hear.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I will have to read it.

I am cheering for you!

Stephanie Black said...

Congrats on the fantastic feedback!