Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Pioneers - A Course in Miracles


by Shirley Bahlmann

Hey, it's out! My newest book, titled "The Pioneers - A Course in Miracles" is now available! Even though it doesn't have "Odd" in the title, it is the same format as my "Odds" true pioneer stories. Why the title change? Well, when the publisher first suggested taking "odd" out of the title, it was like they were asking me to cut off all my hair and dye my head chartreuse. That would be so odd! But when I thought about it, I realized how many people told me they had some of my books, but they couldn't remember which ones because they all said "odd." So then it seemed like a good tradition to let go, like birthday spankings. (I mean, what's the point of that?)
I'm very excited about this new book. It's slender enough to slip in your handbag and take anywhere to read, and contains uplifting and sometimes amusing stories of miraculous events from the olden days. You can read a sample story and order autographed copies from me at www.shirleybahlmann.com.
Well, I'm off to write another great book! Happy reading.

1 comment:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Shirley,
Congrats! That is so cool that your new pioneer book is out. And since I got a sneak preview, I can tell everyone that it has some GREAT stories in it!

(By the way, it would not surprise any of the Gypsy Writers if you were to dye your hair chartreuse! :)