Thursday, May 29, 2008

A little lighter

by Lyman Rose

Well, I have been on an unusual nutrition plan (I'm trying to avoid the word diet) for the past 9 weeks and I think I need a change.  Not that I am disappointed by any means.  I have lost 52 pounds and I haven't been hungry at all.  I have felt very good and have more energy than I have had for years.  I am not nearly as tired as I used to be either.  Just for fun, I tried to take a 50 pound sack of rice with me for a few hours of the day and realized why I had been tired for so long.  

The bottom line is that I am tired of the menu and need a change.  I am not through losing weight; I need to drop another 50 pounds or so.  I am just looking for something a bit different than what I have been doing.  It makes me feel a bit guilty to suggest that I am bored with the menu.  I feel like Israel when the manna came from heaven and they grew tired of it and complained.  I think I know how they felt to a degree.

If anyone knows of a plan that is nutritious and helps to lose weight, I would be interested.

Thanks

2 comments:

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Wow, it sounds like you found a great plan! You asked for suggestions, though, so I will tell you that I tried Bill Phillips' "Body for Life" plan about seven years ago, and after 12 weeks I was in MAHVELOUS shape. Then I quit doing the plan (what is WRONG with me?) Now you make me want to get on it again!
Best of luck with the remaining 50! I'm very impressed by you. I also think that you should post, for the rest of us, how we can lose weight and not feel hungry. I'll be watching for a new post from you, and SOON! (Please?)

Rebecca Talley said...

Congrats on losing so much weight--that's awesome.

Good luck with finding a new plan, too. And, I agree wtih Shirley, you should post how you lost so much weight without feeling hungry.