Thursday, May 8, 2008

"A Step Beyond the Tree"

JoAnn Arnold

I have to share with the you the synopsis of my new book so that when it comes out I hope you will want to know more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Feladelphia was the only relative Etcheon had, as far as he knew. The little village of the Meadows was the only place he had ever lived. But in his seventeenth year, his Granna Fella (as he called her) died, leaving him alone in the world, or so he thought.
The people of the village were very kind to him, that day, as they were every day, and wished to take care of him, but the little cottage he called home, waited for his return.
It was on his return to his cottage that a soft light and a gentle voice drew him to the forest near the road. It was there he first met Tarainisafari and her family which consisted of an owl, a panther, a horse, an eagle, two large Danes, and a two-headed lamb.
It was like a dream and he considered it a dream when he found himself suddenly in front of the cottage without knowing how he got there.
Then came the visit from a stranger, dressed in an odd apparel of suited clothes, and carrying a satchel at his side. From his mouth came the most unbelievable story, though it was true. From inside his satchel, came letters and documents that would reveal Etcheon’s true identity and direct the rest of his life.
Soon Etcheon found himself swept into another world inside the world he knew, and another time, not knowing if it was the future of things yet to come or the past of what already was. Or was he entwined in both? Whatever it was, Trainisafari and her family of animals would prepare him for the true beginning of his life and his destiny.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh, how I hope that stirs your imagination and makes you want to know the whole story.

2 comments:

Shirley Bahlmann said...

I am intrigued by the storyline, but I have a hard time with names that are hard to pronounce. The two-headed particularly raised my curiosity! How original!

Kammi said...

I'm glad I already read the book. :) The names did make me stumble, but it didn't bother me too much--maybe because I see different and hard-to-pronounce names every day as I read submissions. It's a great book, and it kept me turning the pages from start to finish. I highly recommend it!