Monday, March 17, 2008

LDStorymakers Conference

By Marcia Mickelson

On Wednesday I will be flying out to Salt Lake to attend the LDStorymakers Conference. I have wanted to attend this conference for several years and am so excited I finally am able to. Getting away by myself doesn't happen frequently, okay never happens. It's almost impossible to do with three little ones. My boys are 2, 5, and 8 and I have rarely been away from them for more than a day or two. In fact, it's only happened once about 5 years ago when what was supposed to be 2 days turned into almost 5 due to major snow storms in the Northeast, but that's a story for another day.

When I told them I was going away for five days this time, I didn't get the panicked reaction I was expecting. They actually took it well. What makes it a little more challenging is that this week is Spring Break, so all three kids will be home all day long, instead of just one. Grandma and Grandpa are being very kind to watch them for two whole days while my husband is away for work. They're very excited to go to their house because they have cable and we don't. They love Nickelodeon, and since they don't get it at our house, they love going there to watch their favorite shows. In fact, I'm worried they'll watch entirely too much television while I'm gone. I tried to set up a few play dates for them while I'm gone, so hopefully that will take them away from the TV for a little while. Thankfully, my husband will be back on Friday and then he'll have them all weekend.

This trip will be great because I'll be meeting a lot of people that I admire and know only in Blogland and I'll be catching up with a few friends and family in the area.

Anyone else here coming to the Conference? I know Rebecca and Doug said the would be there. I look forward to meeting you and anyone else who I happen to see there.

5 comments:

Christine Thackeray said...

Can't wait to see you there, Marcia!

Rebecca Talley said...

I'm so excited! Woo hoo--only a few more days!! See you there :)

Janet Kay Jensen said...

I'll be there, too.
Janet

Marcia Mickelson said...

Can't wait to meet you guys!

Doug Johnston said...

I guess I am the only guy from us that will be there...