Thursday, June 12, 2008

Perfect Timing- almost

By Christine Thackeray

There are quite a few of us writers who juggle children with our passion of putting pen to paper (or clicking keyboards.) The last few days I've been working feverishly on the final edits of my next book that I wrote with my sister Dr. Marianna Richardson. It is called "Latter-Day Truths in Narnia" and goes through C. S. Lewis and how he is used by church authorities. Double checking footnotes, tightening complex concepts and rewriting a paragraph here or there was really tough, especially when you add that I've got two highschoolers, an unmotivated middle schooler and two "trunkie" grade schoolers who all had projects due and wanted help.

After three days of late nights, I finally got the last of the copyright issues completed, the school assignments handed in and this afternoon I got the final reference checked. It was about 12:30 when I sent it off and Camron my son popped in the door singing, "School's out for summer!" Perfect timing. We are going to dinner and bowling tonight to celebrate and we are going to spend tomorrow at an amusement park. Then we will probably be moving into a real house since we are just renting and it looks like we have found a place, (still only 95%.)

I sort of feel like I've flopped from one full-time job to another but what great timing. A full life is a great gift- I keep telling myself.

1 comment:

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Wow! Great accomplishments all around! And to go bowling after dinner is a stroke of genius... working off all those calories and having fun, too. I wish our local bowling alley had kept it's original name... "The Cow Palace Lanes." Someone along the way went and changed it to "Sno Cap Lanes." Ew. Cow Palace is so much more original.