Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Gnat Up My Nose

By Rebecca Talley

Can someone please tell me the purpose of having gnats on the earth? Why do we have to endure these almost invisible pests?

I was outside yesterday with my kids when a gnat had the audacity to fly up my nose. Yes, it was actually in my nose and, even worse, it started biting me, inside my nose. I had to run into the house, get a tissue, and remove a gnat from my nose. Now, it's all itchy inside my nose and everyone thinks I'm doing something other than scratching a gnat bite! I hate gnats.

My kids, especially the boys, have gnat bites all over their heads. The poor kids scratch their heads constantly trying to find some relief, only to have more gnats bite them.

We can't even enjoy sitting outside playing in the kiddie pool because there's a gnat force that swarms us. I hate the buzzing in my ears, too. Having a gnat in your ear is almost as bad as having one up your nose.

So, please, someone tell me the purpose of gnats.

3 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

Eeow! I hate bugs too.

Shirley Bahlmann said...

a. Ummm... patience?
b. To feed frogs?
c. As a back up force to turn on enemies who try to occupy United States soil?
d. All of the above?

Tristi Pinkston said...

I vote for all of the above, Shirley.

And I hate stuff up my nose in the worst way.