Thursday, April 9, 2009

Keep up your writing as an examiner

I have found a great new way to force myself in front of the computer everyday to write. I write for examiner.com and I even get paid to do it. I applied a few months ago after learning about the website through a freelance writing site. I was intrigued and sent my personal information and writing samples to be considered as the "special needs kids" examiner for Utah. They hired me and now I write four articles a week that have to do with special needs kids. Since I am the mother of a child with autism, this was the perfect fit.

I also get paid to write. It is not a lot, but I look at it as a way to keep my writing fresh, current and it gets me the "writing mode" everyday. So if you think you are an expert on anything, check it out and make sure to use my name as a referral...I get paid for that as well and as you know writers need all the help they can get! So think about it. Are you an expert knitter, crafter, snowboarder, coin collector, boy scout? Join me and feel free to email me with any questions and make sure to subscribe to my site as well to get email alerts on my latest articles on special needs kids in Utah. And don't forget, if you have an idea, event or news story you want me to cover, send the information my way!

Check it out at:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4167-Salt-Lake-City-Special-Needs-Kids-Examiner

No comments: