Monday, December 15, 2008

The First Snow

by Rebecca Talley

I love sitting by the fire, listening to Christmas music, sipping hot chocolate, and watching the snow fall softly to the ground.

It doesn't snow here every year for Christmas. In fact, most years it's dry ground. The first snow of the season always seems to be magical and when it happens to be close to Christmas, it seems to make it even more so.

I love to hear the crunch of my footsteps or see the glittering blankets as the sunlight dances across the fields. I love the tingle of snow on my tongue and the crisp, fresh air that nips at my nose and ears.

Newly-fallen snow makes everything seem so clean and pure.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow . . . .

1 comment:

Marie Lundeen said...

I agree. It's nice to be in California and actually have snow on the ground. It's been a while since I've seen a white Christmas myself.