Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Anti-Que

By Brittany Mangus
[FYI: Que is my husband's name, and it's pronounced like the letter "Q", not the letter "K".]

Saturday Que and I went antiquing for the first time. Poor Que. Que doesn't like antiques because shopping for them is pretty girly, and the word Antique always makes him nervous. You know, it's kind of like Anti-Nephi-Lehis. What do they have against Que? Are they armed? Will they attack him if he goes inside the store?



Anyway, we went to a barn sale in Riverton. I guess a barn sale is like a garage sale but, you know, in a barn. They had all kinds of awesome stuff: old farm and gardening equipment, old kitchen utensils, crates, furniture, old Coca-cola stuff, antique laundry paraphernalia, wagon wheels, even vintage doors, doorknobs and windows. This is what I bought:




I love that crate and the rusty old pitchfork thingy. I even like that one of the prongs is bent. I think I'll put them in my kitchen, maybe above my cabinets. To me, nothing says "kitchen" like moldy old crates and rusty tetanus pitchforks.





And, here is a picture of the vintage window I bought. I loved the panes and the handle. I think I'm going to take the hinges off, paint it white and hang it on my wall. Cause, you know, you can't have enough windows. Don't worry Que, none of my antiques can hurt you. Well, maybe the tetanus pitchfork could... nevermind.

1 comment:

Brittany Marie said...

Clarification: I know the Anti-Nephi-Lehis buried their weapons, but the Stripling Warriors were originally of that tribe. And we all know how they had a talent for fighting. :p