Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Poll: favorite place to move...or not favorite

PLEASE COMMENT!! IT'S A MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH! (Well, not really, but I feel like being melodramatic. The threat of a move to Wisconsin will do that to you, you know...)

I’m taking a poll. (Editors: remember how we used to do that all the time for random things? Ah, the memories…)

Here are the questions: If you had to move to one of the following cities, which one would you pick and why? Which one would you avoid at all costs and why?

Las Vegas, NV
Phoenix, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Denver, CO
Tulsa, OK
Atlanta, GA
Bradenton, FL
Miami, FL
Philadelphia, PA
Portland, ME
Milwaukee, WI
Lawrence, KS
Columbus, OH

…yep, I think that covers it.

In case you’re wondering, I dislike snow, big cities, and flat terrain, in that order. I realize that at least one of those applies to each city on the list, but I’d appreciate any info on how bad those or other conditions might be in the above locations.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

(Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, no, there are no cannibal neighbors in my near future. Tornados? Maybe. Hurricanes? Possibly. Snow in the winters and giant mosquitoes in the summers? Unfortunately, quite likely. But no cannibals.)

4 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

AZ is way, way too hot in the summer. And it's dry, dry, dry.

Denver gets snow and is flat, but a short drive will take you to breathtaking scenery.

All I know about Portland, ME is what I saw on "Murder, She Wrote" and it seemed like a nice town.

I love the ocean so I'd vote for ocean front.

Marcia Mickelson said...

I like Philadelphia, but it's too expensive. I would not want to live in Las Vegas. I think I'd pick Arizona, but the heat is awful. If you can deal with the heat, pick Arizona.

Synergy Girl said...

Okay, My vote...since it SOOO counts is Phoenix, AZ....GO THERE. Sure, it's hot in the summer...JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE!! If you are outside for extended periods of time, make sure it is near a pool..lol. In the winter, you can go two hours north and snowboard, or two hours south and wakeboard. It is only six hours from San Diego, and L.A. isn't that much farther...!! Now...avoid...probably Columbus, OH. Sounds cold and boring...!!!

Coffinberry said...

I vote for Denver. Not much snow, sometimes 72 in February (it was last week). Both flat and hilly, you can take your pick. Pick a suburb and live in a smallish town.