Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fantastic News

by Rebecca Talley

Usually, "fantastic news" means I'm pregnant. When I gathered my children around the dinner table and had my two oldest children on speaker phone, that's what they all expected to hear. I'd love to have a newborn baby to cuddle and snuggle, but my "fantastic news" is about a different kind of baby. The one you all understand. A book. I'm happy to announce that CFI has accepted my next manuscript and I'm hoping for a publication date in late summer or early fall.

We're all very excited, even though a book doesn't have that intoxicating newborn smell :).

8 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic news. I wish you the best.

Terri Ferran said...

I don't know Rebecca...there's nothing quite like the smell of a newborn book, hot off the press, with your name on it!

Congratulations! I just picked up your first book and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Aubrey said...

I don't have any kids so I guess I can't say for sure which is more exciting, but one of the best days of my life was when I found out Cedar Fort was going to publish my first book.

Your first book is next in my pile! Congratulations! :)

Rebecca Talley said...

Thank you :).

Marcia Mickelson said...

Hooray for you. That's great. Tell us about the book.

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Yes, there's no comparing a real, live baby, but your "baby book" comes in multiple copies that you can pass out to others and still keep your own! Congratulations, Rebecca. Go eat a cookie and celebrate.

Tristi Pinkston said...

If you squirted the book with Baby Magic, you might almost approximate it ...

Rebecca Talley said...

:).