Monday, January 26, 2009

The Power of Hope

By Sidne O'Reilly

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

It has been a long time since I have put fingers to keyboard. Forgive my long absence. My book was published a year and a month ago. It seems like a lifetime ago now. So much can happen in one year. So many blessings and with them some challenges. It is almost as if the world has shifted in that year, and not just for me.

How grateful I am that we have prophets to lead us and bless our lives with hope, direction and encouragement. President Uchtdorf’s talk on “The Infinite Power of Hope” in the last conference is lifeline. He instructs us on how to engender hope by reading the scriptures and praying daily. He also talks about keeping the Word of Wisdom, paying a full tithe and obeying the commandments. I have a personal testimony of the importance of daily scripture study and prayer. How we need this anchor in our lives to keep us afloat, particularly in these uncertain times.

Let’s make a promise to ourselves and keep it. Let's challenge each other to pray and read the scriptures daily.


Know that I am cheering for you!

Sidne

No comments: